Friday, May 4, 2007

Where are they?

In this day and age, and in such a medium as the internet, I must be extremely careful. Originally, I posted links to blogs and websites that contain articles and materials that have been a blessing to me, hoping that these articles and materials would also be a blessing to the readers of my blog. However, I have only read a portion of what these blogs and websites have to offer.

This morning I was reminded again of the verse I quoted in my article below, Matthew 18:5-6: “And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.”

I read blogs with the perspective of gleaning---looking for truth and guarding against error. It was with this understanding that I linked to the sites I did, assuming others would do the same. However, I realize that is not necessarily the case, and that even this mindset does not protect me or others from being deceived.

I have removed the links, because quite honestly, I am not willing to be held responsible for causing someone to stumble if they are led astray by some error that creeps into any of those blogs or websites without my knowledge. The links may return in the future, but at present, I believe the wisest course for me is to remove my link to these people and groups. It is a heavy enough responsibility to keep watch over my own words without being a discerner of how others' words might affect those who read them.

To all of you who I had linked to, please know that you are still a blessing to me, and I will personally continue to read your blogs (with the perspective of a gleaner!), but I am seeking to be careful at this time. Thank you for your understanding, and may God bless you!!!

No comments: